Friday, May 17, 2013

1st Trimester Screening


Our closest friends knew we were expecting, but I wasnt comfortable about being completely out of the closet until we hit that 12 week mark, and I wanted to wait for the results of the 1st trimester screening...

So I was doing a lot of hiding out at the house, and ignorning phone calls and texts...  It was getting pretty suspicious that the Phipps' missed St. Patricks Day AND Opening day for the Orioles.  Who are we?  I just couldn't go because as soon as I turned down that first shot of Fireball the cat would definately be out of the bag! :)

We got the good news that everything was ok with baby.   And another Sonogram!  Oh hi there!

But I was still a little nervous to let the the news out, because at my last doctors appointment and she reviewed my bloodwork, I was told that I am a carrier of Cystic Fibrosis!!  Whattttt!?  In order to pass it on to baby, you have to have two codes of it in your blood, and I had only one code.  So, Pat had to be tested...  If he also had this #32 code in his blood, most likley the baby would have Cystic Fibrosis... SCARY thought!!  So the very next day, Pat had his blood drawn and we waited...  5 more days!  A scary 5 days...  But the news was good, Pat did NOT have it in his blood!  We are good to go! 
So we were ready to shout it out!  We're expecting... K+P=3! 

No comments:

Post a Comment