Thursday, June 20, 2013

Scary Stuff.... and some good news too!

At 19 weeks and 6 days, I can no longer brag to anyone that I have not been sick at all during this pregnancy... Shwew!  Did I have a hell of a day yesterday!  I actually spent most of my day in the hospital!  Yesterday morning, I woke up at about 5am with a stomach ache.  I kept trying to sleep it off.  But mostly I was just rolling around until bout 7ish when it was time to get up for work.  As soon as my feet hit the floor I knew I was going to be sick.  And it was just not any sick, I was SICK!  Sick every way a person can be sick!  And it was non stop!  And the more I got sick, the more pronounced the pains in my stomach got.  I called out of work, and hopped into bed, again mostly just rolling around.  I called my mother to cry and tell her I wasn't feeling good, and she rushed over and demanded I call my doctor.  Because my doctor was in surgery for most of the morning, My mom took me right to St. Joe's.  The reason being, I was super freaked out about the baby!  The pains were really strong,  but they weren't constant... about every 10 minutes or so, so in my mind I thought maybe I was having early contractions.  Walking into the ER, once you tell them you are pregnant they do NOT mess around... I was taken back immediately wheel chair and all, and that REALLY freaked me out even more.  The first thing they did was use a Doppler to check for the baby's heartbeat...  and after what felt like the longest 3 minutes of my life, there it was, that beautiful sound!  His heart!  I could breathe again!  Long story short, I was diagnosed with a GI infection, and dehydration, nothing at all wrong with the baby.  After a few hours and a few bags of fluid I was sent on my way.  What a relief!  I was so weak and still so sick, my mother took very good care of me...  Took me back to her house, fed me, drank me and even lotioned me up when I got out of the shower!! haha  Then Pat took over the care taker job, taking me home, and making sure I was nice and tucked in bed and waited on me hand and foot!  I basically slept from 6pm last night until about 10am this morning.  I guess my body really needed it.  I stayed home from work today, still not feeling 100% still crampy and really sore, I guess from all the vomiting yesterday.  What a scare!  I'm just so relived to say Baby is A-OK!  The 20 week anatomy sonogram is next Week so I am really looking forward to catching another glimpse of our little guy!

And in other much more FANTASTIC news... Pat got a new job!  A great new job!  A new job that he has been in the application process for about 2 months now!!!  So happy and excited for him, for me, for us!  The perfect way to start off a new family! :) I am so proud of my hubby! He is going to be such a great Daddy!!  I  sure am one lucky girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment